What's Financial Mentoring?
Do you struggle paying your bills every month? A mentor can help you create a budget and keep you on track.
· Financial Mentoring is FREE!
· Mentoring is confidential and one-on-one
· Mentoring is not advice, therapy, or counseling, rather it supports you in pursuing your goals.
· Your mentor will help you find the resources you need and keep you on track to achieve your goals!
What a Mentor Can Help You Achieve
· Develop a plan to achieve your short term and long term goals
· Build a realistic budget that reflects your goals
· Smart shopping, cutting costs and saving
· Credit Building
· Discover resources for housing, banking, childcare, whatever you need!
· Apply to college and for financial aid
· Create a great resume
· Job search
· Find skill building opportunities through volunteering or internship
ABCMC financial mentors work one-on-one with clients to establish goals, locating resources, and give warm introductions of clients to other service providers. We mentor our clients between 3-24 months depending on their goals and needs. This is a free service, and anyone can apply!
ABCMC offers financial education class series covering the topics of credit reports, financial recovery, budgeting, saving, smart shopping, home buying, and insurance.
ABCMC takes the classes to our clients. Are classes are hosted on site at our partnering agencies. Please contact us if you are interested in hosting ABCMC financial education classes at your agency!
We also offer 90 minute classes on financial recovery, credit reports, and identity protection.
ABCMC classes are scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month at the Shelton Timberland Regional Library. These classes are free and open to the public.
Type your paragraph here.